Friday, May 23, 2008

Time to pack my bags

And move out of the nursery.

I am excited to report that Mommy is 12 weeks pregnant (I guess that comes after 10 - I can only count to 10). She was at the Doctor this morning and she heard a little heartbeat. So come the first week of December I will have a little brother or sister. Dad is pretty happy. I think Argo is happy, but he is just worried as he know moves to 3rd on the kiddie depth chart.

The sad news is that Mom has been really, really sick for the past 7 weeks. She has been off work since April 14th and was actually in the hospital for a week due to dehydration and not being able to hold food down. She can't do much around the house and is pretty limited in taking care of me (only a few stories here and there). It has been a lot of man time with Dad and Argo. We have also been lucky that we have had family visit so they could help keep me entertained.

I should also mentioned that Katie has been even more so of a suppernanny, as she has made sure Mom takes her pills and drinks water.

Mom is suffering from Hyperemesis gravidarum (from Greek hyper and emesis and Latin gravida; meaning "excessive vomiting of pregnant women") is a severe form of morning sickness, with unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids.[1] Hyperemesis is considered a rare complication of pregnancy but, because nausea and vomiting during pregnancy exist on a continuum, there is often not a good diagnosis between common morning sickness and hyperemesis. Estimates of the percentage of pregnant women afflicted range from 0.3% to 2%.

I will keep you all posted on how Mom and new baby are doing.

No comments: